Westmoreland County Veterans of the War on Terror
On Saturday, March 23rd, the Westmoreland County Veterans of the War on Terror hosted a ceremony at the site where they are establishing a monument. We installed our “Future Home” sign.
Our site is at the intersection of Georges Station Road and Streetpark Loop, at the entrance to Peach Plaza, at Twin Lakes Park.
We are dedicating the monument on 9/11/2021, 20 years after the terrorist attacks which started the War on Terror.
- Westmoreland County – bastion of patriotism
- County Veterans Affairs Office estimates > 5,000 county residents served in military Post-9/11
- No national or Pennsylvania Monument for War on Terror (National Memorial in planning stages)
- Several communities established their own
- County Commissioners support Our Vision
To Donate please mail checks to:
Greensburg, PA 15601